We provide a range of practical support for organisations at every stage of their development:
- Supporting groups with Charitable Status, and the process of becoming a Registered Scottish Charity through application to OSCR, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.
- Empowering groups to be more informed of their decision-making responsibilities, and the protection offered to trustees / committee members through the incorporation of their group or organisation as a legal entity in its own right. In particular, we can talk through the advantages of incorporation of a new or existing Scottish charity as a SCIO, a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation.
- Encouraging groups to look at their day to day running, meeting legal and regulatory requirements in areas such as accounting, employment law, and meeting the specific requirements of OSCR and Companies House.
- Enabling groups to work towards best practice and good governance. Assessing how well a group's existing financial, constitutional and governance arrangements allow it to fulfill its goals and ambitions, and enable it to function sustainably and effectively in its current operating environment.
- Allowing groups to assess their current legal positions with the future in mind. We can review your current position and guide you towards a better fit for your plans if required.