Hours: Full time (35hrs)
Salary: £24,434 per annum
Closing date: Tuesday 5th April at 1200hrs
AVA works in many different ways with many community, voluntary, and third sector groups and organisations across Aberdeenshire. No two days are the same, because the nature of the work we do varies for each organisation we engage with. AVA also manages a number of projects, of which Magpie is one. Further information about Magpie can be found by visiting www.magpieshops.org.uk.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusistic manager for Magpie, our reuse and recycle social enterprise that also supports families in crisis by donating items to help them find their feet again.
Duties will include:
- leading, motivating, and developing a small team of staff and volunteers;
- ensuring high standards of performance and customer care are delivered;
- developing effective internal and external communications;
- enhancing collaborative networks to maximise all income streams;
- ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements;
- enabling effective reporting on performance.
The postholder will also be expected to work in partnership with public, private and third sector organisations, and act as a focal point for all things related to Magpie; we are looking for a person who really understands that everyone has something to offer, has recent and relevant shop management experience, and values interacting with people.
The role is offered on a permanent basis.
For an informal conversation about the role you can email Dan Shaw, AVA's Chief Executive Officer (email@example.com) to arrange a mutually convenient time.