“As we work with local organisations, we gather information and understand the issues affecting the sector, so that we can make sure your voice is heard at a local and national level”
The day to day work of AVA brings us into contact with volunteers and grass roots Community and Voluntary Sector organisations across the length and breadth of the Shire.
This gives AVA a uniquely detailed knowledge and understanding of Aberdeenshire's Third Sector: its skills; its strengths; its hopes; its needs; its fears and frustrations; the thousand and one things it does each and every day that add value to the lives of individuals and communities; and the even greater things it hopes to achieve for the people and communities of Aberdeenshire in the future.
By bringing this breadth and depth of experience to the Community Planning table, AVA works to ensure that Aberdeenshire’s vibrant Third Sector plays an ever-growing role in the design and delivery of high-quality public services that continue to meet the needs and aspirations of Aberdeenshire's citizens over the coming years.
AVA Third Sector Strategic Forums
Aberdeenshire Voluntary Action’s Third Sector Strategic Forums meet quarterly with input on key topics, offering AVA’s third sector members opportunities to network, learn and raise issues of wider interest to the sector and its partners, for the benefit of Aberdeenshire communities. The Forums are guided by a Terms of Reference, supported by dedicated web pages and work towards the following aims: -
- Enabling knowledge exchange between providers around best practice and sector expertise
- Developing a collective voice for the sector, generating trust and shared understanding
- Raising awareness of the depth and breadth of third sector activities in Aberdeenshire
- Being recognised as a credible consultative body by statutory partners
- Capturing and representing the sector’s view at key-decision-making tables