Community Health in Partnership (CHiP)
What is Health & Social Care?
“Integration of health and social care is one of Scotland's major programmes of reform. At its heart, health and social care integration is about ensuring that those who use services get the right care and support whatever their needs, at any point in their care journey.” (Scottish Government)
Watch this short film to find out more about plans for Health & Social Care Services in Aberdeenshire:
AVA has a team of Community Health in Partnership (CHiP) officers. The Community Health in Partnership (CHiP) team will:
Develop strong and sustainable relationships by connecting Third Sector and Health and Social Care Services.
- Development of an Aberdeenshire Third Sector H&SC Engagement Forum/Process which identifies and supports key representatives.
- Promote and support effective communication with and between stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with Partnership/Location Managers and facilitate connections with the wider Third Sector.
- Encourage AVA membership.
Encourage all partners to recognise the added value of Third Sector knowledge, skills and experience.
- Maximise opportunities to learn and train collaboratively across public and Third Sector networks, recognising and using the skills and knowledge of all partners.
- Support the Third Sector to evidence impact and value.
- Acknowledgement and recognition of Third Sector involvement and contribution.
- Develop new and support existing networks/relationships to promote information and knowledge exchange.
Support the Third Sector to better influence and inform service design, commissioning and delivery
- Support and promote processes that enable the Third Sector to influence strategic/locality planning.
- Clarify and support the ongoing roles and responsibilities of Third Sector representatives at key groups.
- Promote by example a culture that values transparency, trust, honesty and constructive challenge.
- Knowledge sharing of national and local research data to enable informed decision making/developments.
By facilitating and supporting representation at both locality and strategic levels the CHiP team will enable the Third Sector to work collaboratively with Aberdeenshire Health and Social Care Partnership to deliver the 9 National Health and Wellbeing Outcomes.
You can follow the CHiP team on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AVACHiP
And on Twitter at: @AVA_CHiP
If you want to find out more about AVA's role in the Health & Social Care Partnership in Aberdeenshire, and the Community Health in Partnership team, contact Daniel Shaw at Daniel.Shaw@avashire.org.uk or call: 01358 280510.